Prev: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: West Coast (USA) GZG Con

Re: [OT] gamer wives

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 10:09:04 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] gamer wives

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> > Well, guys (in the gender-neutral form), occasionally a blind sow
> finds a
> > pearl.  Having always tried to rise above the morass of typical
> gamers, by
> > skillful use of soap and toothpaste, I managed to snare myself a
> Spouse.

Not being one to brag, I will when it comes to my wife. I was fortunate
to roll very low on my NPC table, (in fact a 01), and genned up
"Natalie". She has the triple traits of beauty, athleticism, and love
for science fiction. Being big into computer games, she rapidly became
an expert Quake player, Xwing pilot, etc etc. She's also pretty good
playing paintball and the handling of firearms in general, (A couple of
us have taken are wives out to the range/kill house and taught them how
to clear rooms/buildings, so don't bother coming to my place if I'm away
<g>)

I guess it was becuase her mom was DM'ing D&D games for her and her
brother when she was 8, but she's into SF/fanatsy (big Anne Mc'Cafferty
fan) . First thing I found out about her on the first date was that one
of her favorite books was Starship Troopers. She occasionally plays
wargmes with me, mostly napoleanics, and being a horse fan (what women
isn't?) she paints all of my horses. Now if we can find the time, (She's
going to PA school and we have a 1 year old), I want to get her into
some FT, which shouldn't be too hard because she's ahuge B5 fan. I've
always got a game set up somewhere and stuff in the process of being
painted, plus 7 computers in the house, without her "understanding" none
of that would be possible. About every 6 weeks we have a LAN party at
our house, and again, Nat allows this too.

She comes with me to the occasional con, and remarks on the "robust" and
"unkempt"  nature of most gamers, and kind of chuckles, but enjoys their
company, nonetheless. Anyway, they are out there, gamer girls that is,
you just have to do your proper reconnasaince before execution. It makes
a gamer's life a 100 times more enjoyable!

Los

Prev: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: West Coast (USA) GZG Con