Prev: Re: Stargrunt II Demo Day! Next: NOVAGCON 98 this weekend

Re: BIG TANK

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:22:38 +0100
Subject: Re: BIG TANK

On the fine day of 9/9/98 2:39 am kx.henderson@qut.edu.au wrote:

>At 08:17 PM 9/8/98 +0000, you wrote:
>>Size 12, Armour 12 Grav, FGP, 2 DFFG/5 Turrered. 2 HEL/5 Turreded, 1
>>MDC/5 turred, 2 APSW, GMS/H Supior gidiance, Supior fire control, 11
>>Stealth, Supior ECM, 362 points. I do no have DS/2 but I downloaded
>>Thrust and It got a DS vechial maker so I decied to make a very BIG
>>tank.
>
>Only 362 points?  There's something seriously wrong with the DSII
vehicle
>generator you are using then.	I have much, much smaller vehicles that
are
>more expensive than your monster.  My guess is there is a serious
glitch in
>the program!

Below is a raw text (the actual saved data) output from a Mac DSII
vehicle application I created for Geo-Hex.  Sorry about the numbers and
data tags, I don't have the time to remove them to make viewing easier.

The App limits vehicles to size 7 so the cost is off, but the total
points on a class 7 with all the weapons listed and limiting the armor
7 is still 677 points.	My guess is that pushing up the size to 12 would

be (5 times approx. 28 = 140) and pushing up the armor to 12 would be (5

times approx. 18 = 90) for a whopping grand total of 903 point or there
about.

[Vers]	1.0
[RwcL]	1	Rule - weapon count limit
[RwsL]	1	Rule - weapon size limit
[RfnL]	1	Rule - fire con limit
[Name]	Monster
[Type]	Outa this World
[Note]
[Size]	7	Oversized (7) Size Class
[Slth]	0	Stealth Level
[TSig]	7	Target type of D4 close rng (unused data - for viewing
only)
[Mobl]	8	Mobility Type - Grav
[Chas]	1	Chassis Type - Closed top
[Powr]	3	Power Plant - FGP
[FrCn]	1,3	1 Superior Fire control system(s)
[ECM ]	3	Superior ECM system
[Armr]	7	Armor
[ADS ]	0	None ADS
[Amph]	0	Amphibious
[APFC]	0	APFC
[APSW]	2	APSW
[ArtO]	0	Artillery Observer
[BkUp]	0	Backup System
[BrLr]	0	Bridge Layer
[CrgC]	0	Cargo
[CmdC]	0	Command & Control
[CBR ]	0	None CBR
[DFO ]	0	DFO
[Engr]	0	Engineering System
[InfC]	0	Line Infantry
[LAD ]	0	LAD
[Mine]	0	Minelayer
[PDS ]	0	None PDS
[RpRc]	0	Repair & Recovery
[VehC]	0	Vehicle Transport
[CapU]	60	Capacity Used (unused data - for viewing only)
[Cost]	677	Point Cost (unused data - for viewing only)
[Wpn ]	1,6,5,2 Weapon #1 DFFG/5 Turret
[Wpn ]	2,6,5,2 Weapon #2 DFFG/5 Turret
[Wpn ]	3,5,5,2 Weapon #3 HEL/5 Turret
[Wpn ]	4,5,5,2 Weapon #4 HEL/5 Turret
[Wpn ]	5,4,5,2 Weapon #5 MDC/5 Turret
[Wpn ]	6,9,2,3 Weapon #6 GMS (Supr)/2 Special

Kevin Walker			 Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage@millcomm.com		 sage@wamnet.com
Rochester  MN  USA		 WAM!NET

Prev: Re: Stargrunt II Demo Day! Next: NOVAGCON 98 this weekend