Prev: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report Next: RE: GZG OT Duck the tape

(OT/DS/SG/FT) DS/SG for B5 and Re: Claudia Cuddling....

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 07:58:26 -0500
Subject: (OT/DS/SG/FT) DS/SG for B5 and Re: Claudia Cuddling....

Saw Ms. Christian at  GenCon, and was impressed by her friendliness and
accessability. AND stamina. I was disappointed when she arrived late for
autographing, then was astounded how she kept coming back all weekend
long.
I still dunno about the breakdown between JMS and CC; they both have my
admiration.

By the way, she(with the support of Precedence) was the only 'star' that
was doing free signings, even if only of the special card. And, her's is
the only autograph I have of a star from GenCon '98.

***
To get this back on topic, has anyone actually tried coming up with some
B5
GROPOS Stats and/or rules for use with SGII or DSII?  Could be very
interesting.  And perhaps at the outside, GZG could produce a supplement
for use with SGII and DSII for B5 GROPOS battles :-)?  It would have to
be
better than the AOG effort they are working (Sorry, Bab5 Wars bugs me as
game).

-Kelvin....
***

I guess the question becomes, has CE given any thought to using either
SG
or DS as a basis for ground actions in TBP? Jon, stop taking notes and
give
us an answer... ;->= Even AoG couldn't kick; no plans for GROPOS in B5W,
last I heard.

Lastly, I had my first experience with the FB designs last week. My
friend
Hobie, (you recall him, Schoon, right? ;->= ) ran a small fleet of his
FSE's, basically 2 HC's, 1 CL, 2DD's, against me running an ESU SDN and
EC
w/ ADFC mods.

Must say, I was impressed with the SML's, and, inspite of the slowly
expanding cloud that had been my SDN, have decided they are NOT
unstoppable, just requiring more tactics then the'dead slow, steady as I
go, that I may use my advantage of long guns' I used. *blush*

It must be said, while Hobie is a notoriously bad dice roller, and
evidenced same on most of his rolls, whether rolling his own crits or
trying to use his beams, when it came to crunch and the salvoes, his
rolls
for missles was in almost every case above average, and my defences were
pitifully weak.

Looking forward to a more even match of ship sizes, and maybe having me
some NAC ships painted by then.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report Next: RE: GZG OT Duck the tape