Prev: RE: [URL] Near Star Map Next: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report

Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 06:26:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report

Noah Doyle wrote:

> Well, guys (in the gender-neutral form), occasionally a blind sow
finds a
> pearl.  Having always tried to rise above the morass of typical
gamers, by
> skillful use of soap and toothpaste, I managed to snare myself a
Spouse.

	Heh.  A while ago, my pretty wife and I were at a local
	wargame shop called The Armory (in Baltimore).	She is not
	a gamer.  I was across the room examining the miniatures, and
	she wandered past the gaming tables, where several
	male gamers were playing some miniatures game.

	One of them glanced up at her, and did a double-take.
	"WHAT!??!?" he thought, "a FEMALE!  In a gaming shop!"

	Then he noticed me, and almost visible deflated.
	"oh...she's already taken".

	My wife noted that these gamer guys were actually
	well groomed and looked kind of nice.  She had the
	thought that all those lonely women who cannot find
	dates could do worse than dress up, wander into
	a game shop, and approach the gaming table while
	asking "How is this game played?"

Prev: RE: [URL] Near Star Map Next: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report