Prev: Re: [OT] Paranoia (not the game...) Next: FT Fiction etiquette

[OFFICIAL] Re: [OT] Paranoia (not the game...)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 09:29:56 +0100
Subject: [OFFICIAL] Re: [OT] Paranoia (not the game...)

>Dear Jon Tuffley,
>
>Just some late night, paranoid thoughts;
>
>GDW goes under.  TSR bought by Wizards of the Coast.  West End Games
falls
>to corporate stupidity (profits used to finance a shoe business).
Avalon
>Hill (Panzerblitz, Squad Leader, THE Avalon Hill!) folds, and goes to
>Hasbro, who'll probably chop it up.
>
>Tell me GZG is doing well.
>
>Noah

Well, Noah (and everyone else on the list), I think we're doing OK.
We've
just signed a five year lease on our new premises, so I hope it'll
continue! Don't forget that most of our core market here in the UK is
direct sales (mailorder and shows) to a hardcore of serious SF gamers,
and
provided we can continue to give these people what they want we should
be
OK. Business has boomed this year, necessitating a move to a MUCH larger
workshop (about 4 times the size, actually!) - BTW, the new phone number
is
01449 722322, but the mailing address (the PO box) has not changed - but
remember that we are still a VERY small business, on a par with many of
the
UK companies on the wargaming side rather than the big RPG boys. KR at
GeoHex will have to be the one to comment on the state of the US market,
which is entirely separate, but over here I sincerely hope we're around
for
a good while yet....  (well, unless WoTC offer me half a million quid of
course... GRIN)

Apologies to anyone if this is a bit out of date, but I've just got back
from UK GenCon (brief report will follow soon) and have just downloaded
about 220 list emails from last Wednesday onwards....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [OT] Paranoia (not the game...) Next: FT Fiction etiquette