Prev: Re: Anti-armor mines! Next: RE: [MIN] DS2 model/painting questions

Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 21:50:28 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

	Howdy!

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Mark A. Siefert. wrote:

>	I thought about giving my troops blue helmets.	Then I thought
about
> just how much of a BAD idea it is to paint what amounts to a big blue
> "shoot me" sign on someone's noggin.	As much as I politically
> disapprove of them in general, even I don't think the UN is THAT
> stupid.

	Yes...and no.  If the UN have a bad-ass reputation, then in a
sour
theatre (i.e. Rawanda or Bosnia), it would be GREAT advertisement to not
F%^ck with them. :)

	In Bosnia in 1996 (March), toopers of the 3e Esc./1er REC on
patrols ALWAYS wore their white Kepis on patrol or in anticipation of
action.  The locals would therefor know that these were the Foreign
Legion
and not to screw with them, as they had, er, less restrictive rules of
engagement than most other countries! <g>

>	I should be finished with them either late tonight or early
tomorrow.
> I've learned the secret to painting a large number of similar
miniatures
> at GenCon.  First, get a bunch of tongue depressor.  Then, using a hot
> glue gun, glue your figs to the stick.  You now can focus on all your
> figs at once, instead of chasing them around your table, or spending
the
> same amount of time painting just one. When finished, just pull the
> figure off the depressor and finish the miniatures' bases.

	My flatmate does this with his 15mm Napoleonics.  I just line up
my troops on my table and move down the line.

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: Anti-armor mines! Next: RE: [MIN] DS2 model/painting questions