Prev: Re: [DS2] Calling Aerospace Next: [MIN] Fortess Figures (was Re: Another TD idea)

Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 11:53:31 -0600
Subject: Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

>Instead of glue, I use a material called "U-Knead-It", which holds them
on
>VERY well, and is a lot easier to remove.  When I superglued my figures
>down, I used to have to spend a lot of time removing dried superglue
from
>the base, which was a tremendous pain.  I don't know if Hot Glue is as
bad.
> With the U-Knead-It, I just pry 'em off after I finish painting them,
and
>there is no residue to deal with.  I use it for everything now; the
tanks
>that I am painitng have the turrets stuck to seperate tongue depressor,
for
>ease of painting.  When I finish, I remove them, paint the underside
with a
>quick coat of the base color, and glue them to the tank.
>
>Blue-Tak, commonly used for holding posters to walls, would probably
work
>just as well.	I've been trying to find somewhere to obtain U-Knead-It
>from, so I can get it for a friend, but have had no luck.  If anyone
can
>find it, please let me know.
>
>John Crimmins
>johncrim@voicenet.com

I use a product called Plasti-Tak, which is available at places
like KMart and Target. It's basically the same as Blu-Tak,
but white instead. U-Knead-It is probably about the same stuff.
You stretch and knead it until it is thoroughly warmed up to
"activate" it, and after you're done with it you can re-use
it on another batch of minis. It adheres well to both the wood
and the figure base. It works well for 15mm and larger figures,
but not as well for microarmor (though I haven't found anything
I like better). About 4 15mm figs, 3 25-35mm figs, or 2
horses/mounted figs on a "tongue depressor" craft stick works
well for me.

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: [DS2] Calling Aerospace Next: [MIN] Fortess Figures (was Re: Another TD idea)