Prev: re: /gzg/ft2 full steam Next: GZG OT Duck the tape

Re: [OT] GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:09:18 -0900
Subject: Re: [OT] GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities

You are both right - Duck Tape is a specific brand name of one
manufacturer's duct tape.  I think the name came about because most
people
can't figure out just someone means by duct tape (don't laugh- I have
seen
it a lot).  Since they think people are saying 'duck' anyway, some
clever
marketing type decided to sell them what they thought it was, thereby
further confusing the issue...

They do sell Duck Tape brand duct tape here in the US as well, but no
one I
know looks at the label - they look for the silvery-gray tape.

> > Tom Sullivan
> > "Duck tape is like the Force.  It has a dark side, it has a light
side,
> > and it holds the universe together."
>
> I think that would be 'duct tape' one is referring to (standard grey
> sticky stuff used on ducts? aka 100 mile an hour tape? aka gun tape?
> - in a slightly different colour mind you if used by the military).
>
> Now, Duck tape has some interesting culinary possibilities.... but
> might not work quite the same...
No, duck tape is right - I don't know about the US, but Duck Tape is
a brand name here in the UK.

Tony Francis

Prev: re: /gzg/ft2 full steam Next: GZG OT Duck the tape