Prev: Re: Gauss Weapons Next: Country Rant (was Re: [OT] [SG] Resin rant. was Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon)

Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships

From: SRKOALA@a...
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 16:54:16 EDT
Subject: Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships

<< >Metallized mylar (such as is used for balloons) would, in my
opinion, look
 >best, and it resists tearing pretty well.  Thickness would be
something
 >like .001", and if your local plastics distributor doesn't have it as
 >metallized mylar, try asking for shim stock of .0005 to .002 thick.  I
 >don't know of an adhesive that works particularly well on mylar,
though.
 >You might use 1/16" dia clear acrylic rod for the framework.

 Metalized mylar would, of course, be the most authentic
 thing you could use--it's the actual compenent in a number
 of designs!

 - Sam >>

How would you sim in in FT?

Prev: Re: Gauss Weapons Next: Country Rant (was Re: [OT] [SG] Resin rant. was Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon)