Prev: SG: Regrouping Qs Next: RE: Regrouping Qs

Re: DS/SG Question

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:21:51 -0600
Subject: Re: DS/SG Question

>> I do not have DS Or SG and I will not get it any time soon but I was
>> wondering what stuff like HEL and MDC means. I have some Ideas but I
>> am not sure Could sombody please send me a short list of da weapons
>> with a 1 or 2 sentance des of each. Then I will be able to
>> understande some more of the talk on da list. Well good night

HEL  = High Energy Laser
MDC  = Mass Driver Cannon (railgun or coilgun)
RFAC - Rapid-Fire Auto-Cannon
HVC  = HyperVelocity Cannon (big brother to RFAC)
DFFG = Direct Fire Fusion Gun
As an example, an M1A1's main gun would be an RFAC/3 or HVC/4,
depending on how you interpret the sizes.

>By the way, when reading the rules, I find abbreviations like this
actually
>take longer to deal with than if the words were written out in full.  I
>have to retrieve from memory "HEL = High Energy Laser" instead of just
>reading it.  That's one reason I don't play Dirtside--I have to go back
and
>translate the charts before I know what I'm looking for.  Does it have
that
>effect on anyone else, or am I just getting old and senile?

I'm still at that stage, too. Though it's getting easier.
Nope, you're not getting OAS. ;-)

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: SG: Regrouping Qs Next: RE: Regrouping Qs