Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi Next: Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities

Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 14:22:33 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> They had Beacons with built in radios but they didn't work for some
> reason I forget. They had some alternate comm to an AWACS, but it got
> retasked (I thought at the last minute) and so their backup wasn't
> there where it was supposed to be. But you'd think some other methods
> would be in place.

It's been a while since I read the book but I believe they "had the
wrong crystals". Whatever. Even so there are other visual  and what not
communications systems to establish bona fides along one's E&E corridor.

Los

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi Next: Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities