Prev: Re: [DS2]Tank Destroyers Next: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi

Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 16:01:05 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics

You wrote:

><<Assuming you're using the official scales, a movement of 30 indicate
>3km per 15-minute turn.  12km an hour isn't THAT excessive!  >>
>
>There's obviously a problem with official scales, then.  Fast Tracked
>translates to only 6 km/h, which is slower than WWI era tanks.

There is no problem with official scales.  There is a problem with the
current generation of wargamers who grew up looking at a book that says
XYZ tank can go XYZ mph, and expecting to take their tank platoons and
drive it around a battlefield at XYZ mph.  And most rulesets permit
this.  I've seen Command Decision (fine game, but. . )tanks moving 50"
in a turn.  NOT!  Tactical operations are a LOT slower than the book
speeds.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [DS2]Tank Destroyers Next: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi