Prev: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics Next: (OT) geohex email address

Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 14:11:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi

Los spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> 2. The commo plan or lack of and tehshortocming s of their commo
> equipment is enough grounds for both the squadron comms officer and
the
> team commo guy to get fired.

Someone should have known
1. The freqs that would work in the desert were not the ones they had
been given
2. Testing the comms gear BEFORE you leave is a wise idea

> 3. The E&E plan lacked basic alternate communication signals to alert
> SAR.

They had Beacons with built in radios but they didn't work for some
reason I forget. They had some alternate comm to an AWACS, but it got
retasked (I thought at the last minute) and so their backup wasn't
there where it was supposed to be. But you'd think some other methods
would be in place.

> 4. They carried too much stuff on the operation. Obviously they were
> suffering from invincibility syndrome (Note: SEALS in Grenada and
Panama
> suffered heavily for this flaw also.)

They did lug a lot of kit. Just because you can doesn't mean you
should.... and just because you think you can because of who you are
doesn't mean you actually can.....

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics Next: (OT) geohex email address