Prev: [OT] geo-hex Next: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics

[DS2]GEVs

From: <MBaines@v...>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 11:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [DS2]GEVs

There seems to be lots of interest!

GEVs

I do not know the GEV weapons restrictions in SG can anybody explain
them?

I think that double movement 30" disrupts the feel of the game. In DS
when
a unit moves and you decide to interrupt and activate a platoon to fire
upon it, when that is resolved the moving unit is free to do whatever it

pleases. With 30" of movement it is conceivable that you could run past
5
unactivated units and only take fire from 1. An easy way to limit this
is
to not allow 30" of movement, more complex methods may be desirable. I
would not allow GEVs the ability to perform popups as someone suggested.

The difference between a GEV and VTOL is that a GEV lacks the power to
lift
itself without the benefit of the skirt.

Limiting GEVs mounting recoilsome weapons to size class might make me
happy. I haven't seen any GEVs larger than size 3 in our games so I
don't
feel that GEVs are completely overshadowing tracked MBTs. GEVs that
plant
and fire really cause me grief on this position, I think that if they
plant
and fire they should be able to carry larger weapons but should they be
able to carry a weapon comparable to a tracked MBT? I would like to see
plant and fire GEVs restricted in mobility.

Should there be a GEV armour limit? If they are small then no, armour 3
is
not too much for any vehicle (it's probably some plastic anyway). Maybe
armour 4+ should be reserved for tracked MBTs?

Thoughts?

21st Century Hussars

-Max weapon class for recoilers equal to vehicle size class, must plant
fire.
-Max weapon class for recoilers equal to vehicle size class less 1, may
fire on the run.
-Non recoilers, vehicle size class plus 1, go nuts!
-APSWs and RFACs are considered to have negligible recoil for vehicle
purposes.
-Max armour class for fast GEVs 3, slow GEVs 4? completely arbitrary.
-Planting costs x" movement where x is to be determined by the studio
audience.

Murray Baines (250)356-9668

Prev: [OT] geo-hex Next: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics