Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies Next: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics

GE Mechanics

From: <MBaines@v...>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 13:52:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: GE Mechanics

I would think that even an armoured GEV would have enough mass/inertia
that
a reasonably sized weapon with conventional recoil compensation could
fire
and not be too disrupted. The problem is that the rules allow a size 3
Tracked, Wheeled or GEV to mount essentially the same turret/weapon
combination. Certainly GEVs armed the GMS or HEL weapons could move and
fire same for small calibre RFACs etc. I could also see fast moving GEVs

that would stop momentarily, plant themselves on the ground and fire a
few
quick rounds with a large calibre weapon and move off. Maybe there
should
be restriction on the size of recoiling weaponry carried on GEVs.

My concern is with Fixed Mount weapons, we often refer to these as Tank
Destroyers. The classic Tank Destroyers of WWII were lower silohette,
increased armour and maybe a larger gun when contrasted against a
comparable turreted model. I think there should be some advantage to a
TD
other than mounting multibarrels. This has nothing to do with the fact
that
I have tons of fixed-gun light tanks.

Murray Baines

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies Next: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics