Prev: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies Next: Re: FT Political Geography

[GZG-DSII] Close Assault Oddities

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 14:51:44 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: [GZG-DSII] Close Assault Oddities

Played a good game yesterday of DSII.  Won't post a full battle report,
other than to say that a)direct fire mortars can be fun, and b)damn,
but my Akritai are some tough border guards.  But due to sheer numbers,
we actually had a close assault go in against my troops.  Which leads
to the following questions:

1)Assaulting Platoon comprises 4 power armor elements, 2 unarmored
missle teams, and 5 APCs.  Is it permissible to, in one activation:
Fire the APC's weapons, then close assault with the PA teams, then move
the missle teams up into the position the PA took?  IOW, can different
elements do different things if those things make sense?

2)Confidence checks--let's say that in the first round the Power Armor
only loose one element, but it's the Platoon Leader.  Do they take a
leader loss +3 confidence check for this?  If so, do they do it after
the round, or at the end of the activation?

3)Then let us suppose that during the close assault activation, the
platoon takes 25% casualties, but not all at the same time--different
phases, even different assaults (followthroughs).  Does this count as
taking 25% casualties at one time hence a +1 confidence check?	And do
they take this at the end of the activation or immediately when they
hit that 25% level in one activation?

4)Assaulted platoons--if they take enough casualties to trigger a
confidence check, do they take it during the close assault, or after
it's all resolved.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies Next: Re: FT Political Geography