Prev: Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies Next: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies

Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 13:54:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies

>Hello,
>
>Was watching Event Horizon last night and kept hearing the crew use the
term
>"five by five".  It seemed to indicate that everything is working fine.
>thought that I've also heard the term in another SF movie (Aliens,
maybe?).

Ferro the dropship pilot says "we're in the pipe, five by five" as the
dropship heads down to LV-426.

The security guards here at work also say it during radio checks,
however,
I've never heard it in the UK.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics	     Tel: (718) 430 4289
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine	      Fax: (718) 430 8778
1300 Morris Park Avenue 			  email:
smurray@aecom.yu.edu
Bronx
New York 10461