Prev: Re: SG Humor Next: Re: SG2, using jetbikes in stargrunt.

Re: SG Humor

From: douglase@o...
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 01:47:43 -0500
Subject: Re: SG Humor

>Mark A. Siefert. wrote:
>
>>  > On a weekend when they aren't gaming, SG players may be found
>> >   calculating the instability of the ringworld or the specific
>> >   density of the BOLA.
>>
>>	   Excuse me... even I didn't get this one.

Was not there a thread just recently on how to calculate the energy
level
of a metal rod launched from orbit as it impacted an AFV?  They went as
far
as to take inot account how muchthe reentry would degrade the metal rod.
would have to agree on this one.

Having played both games I would have to say the difference would be
more
like the comparison a comic book and a war novel.  On one hand you have
people who just want to see how "cool" they can make their stuff and how
powerfull they can be. On the other you have people who want to
challenge
others and themselves tacticly and recreate some really nifty ideas on
how
combat might be conducted in the future.  I tend towards the latter but
enjoy the goofiness of the former every now and than also.

Of course as a whole I think that the SG guys would whip the ever lovin
snot out of most the Wackyhammer40K group.  SG are justa little more
serious about being good at the game instead of just winning the game.
Makes a big difference.

Returning to my hole
								That
Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: SG Humor Next: Re: SG2, using jetbikes in stargrunt.