Prev: Re: Standards in FT Next: Re: Six months to go....

Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:31:27 GMT
Subject: Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998 16:12:17 +0100, jeremy claridge
<jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

>Can you have more than 1 attempt at repairing a damaged system
>each turn. If you use different DCP's

Yes, but you have to pre-allocate the Damage Control Parties first. If
you
assign two DCPs to get a system up and running and you roll two 6s, you
the
extra is wasted.

I've been considering a house rule where each extra DCP assigned to a
system
adds a +1 modifier to the Damage Control roll. So, you only roll 1D6,
but you
add +1 for each additional DCP (or crew factor, as used in the Fleet
Book). A
roll of a 1, however, is always a failure.

This, I personally think, is a reasonable house rule when using the
Fleet Book
"core systems" rules. I find that the loss of the bridge is a really
NASTY
problem, especially on a limited tabletop. Losing the bridge is terribly
nasty, as it means the ship can't do anything for 1D6 turns except move
straight ahead.

Another house rule I'm considering (and I wouldn't use it in conjunction
with
the DCP house rule) is to limit the loss of the command bridge from 1D6
turns
to 1D3 turns. I find that with the length of most games, 1D6 is just too
long
and works out in half the cases to an immediate "mission kill". 1D3
seems to
be a more reasonable length of time.

>What about the Engines. Since they get damaged in stages can you
>repair completely dead engines in one round?

I'd say if you want to assign two DCPs to the repair effort and they
both roll
6s then you can get the drives back online at full strength, sure.

>Do submunition packs have a fire arc or can they simply shoot at
>any ship in range.

They have a fire arc.

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Standards in FT Next: Re: Six months to go....