Prev: Six months to go.... Next: Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships

Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 17:52:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships

Mark A. Siefert. wrote:

> Hello:
>	  OK, here's a tough one!
>	  I've been thinking of trying to create a fleet of solar sail
type
> vessels. (Don't ask me why, we miniature gamers like to think of such
> things.)  However, I've hit one snag:  How in the heck do I model the
> actual "sail."

	Many years ago, there was a vile plastic concotion called "dip
art".
	You could make cheesy looking plastic flowers by forming loops
	of wire, diping it into the liquid plastic to form a bubble,
	and letting it dry.

	It was off the market for several years when the ingredients
	proved to be a little too toxic, but somebody told me that
	a safer version is now available from
	http://www.dickblick.com/

	I've also seen stupid looking little fairy figures with
	wings made out of wire loops covered with bits of
	stretchable panty hose. Perhaps a spritz of silver
	spray paint will help.

Prev: Six months to go.... Next: Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships