Prev: Full Thrust FAQ Next: Re: Anti-armor mines!

/gzg/ot/ NOT Re: Infantry Walkers

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 17:45:13 +0200
Subject: /gzg/ot/ NOT Re: Infantry Walkers

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> I believe, where I went to school, the phrase was "the proof of this
> is left as an excercise for the student...." (to which one of my more
> sarcastic friends once wrote on an exam "the rest of the proof of
> this theorem is left as an excercise for the professor. It's
> intuitively obvious.").

One of my friends tried this once. He got the reply:

"I don't think it is obvious. Besides, it's wrong!" <g>

This friend of mine had optimized the shape of a frying pan with respect
to the amount of material used, heat conduction and last (and most
certainly least) structural strength. He had specified the thickness of
the handle as 0 in one point close to the pan...

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Full Thrust FAQ Next: Re: Anti-armor mines!