Prev: RE: Infantry Walkers Next: RE: [Mini] Refugees?

[LST] GZG Players Club now online

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:08:06 +0100
Subject: [LST] GZG Players Club now online

>Sorry about that, Tim. I must have missed the messages about
>this forum. I had so many GZG mailing list messages when I got back
from GenCon
>(and a bunch I hadn't read before GenCon) that I skimmed through them
and
>deleted quite a few. Yours must have been in it.

Great minds think alike.

>You're right, we probably don't need both fora. How many people not on
the
>list are you getting to your site? I'm getting only a small
>number so far, but about 1/3 of them aren't on the mailing list. These
seem
>to be people who just gravitated to Yahoo! and found the club. I
suspect that
Yahoo!
>adds the clubs to their main search engine, so anyone searching in
Yahoo! for
>anything will also see the club listing.

I have had no posts, but may have some lurkers, it doesn't give
membership
details as on Yahoo. I've joined the Yahoo club just to see whats
happening.
14 members so far (mail list is about 250 last time I counted).

AFAI can tell, traffic is likely to be low to either site while the
mailing list
provides the preferred avenue of communication.

The advantage of these forums is however, great. You can send
attachments
and be less strict with the content. You also get a short lived archive
for
free.

>If we're getting radically different groups of people showing
>up, then it might be fine to leave the two sites as they are. However,
if
>we're just canibalizing each other, I'll shut down in favour of your
site
>since you were here first.

One suggestion is to split on games. I'm much more interested in FT than
the other fine GZG games and designed the my forum soley for FT.

I don't think  who was 'first' should be the deciding issue, rather
providing
people with facilities that are useful and what they want. Nor do I want
a forum war. I'm very happy to follow the consensus.

What do people think about partitioning (by game) in this way?

The Delphi message board is a lot better organised and easier to
navigate
than the Yahoo one. I haven't tried the chat at Delphi. The club
facilities
at Yahoo don't exist at Delphi. Both require some sort of registration
of
about the same level of detail. Its horses for courses.

--
Tim Jones

The FT FAQ is available at:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/faq-index.html
The FT Forum is available at:
http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=fullthrust

Prev: RE: Infantry Walkers Next: RE: [Mini] Refugees?