Prev: Re: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments

Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:32:19 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments

You wrote:

>Speaking for myself, and most of the other infantry members I know, I
>don't think the NCOs loved us, but I think it was in their best
>interest to take care of us. If we're fragged, their chances of
>ending up so increase, especially if its due to their lack of
>concern for the wellbeing of their troops. This translates in SG2 to

Well, among us Engineers, if the junior enlisted are dead, the NCOs and
even officers have to fill in for us--the breach goes on, so to speak.
I've known platoon breaches to end when the PL and PSG are down at the
breach lighting the fuze on the bangalores to clear out the wire on the
other side of the minefield, which is strewn with the "dead" bodies of
the entire platoon.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments