Prev: [GZG] Re: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: Space map Question

Re: Space tactics

From: <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:27:42 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: Space tactics

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Richard Slattery wrote:

> Defender places a large number of asteroids (yay, there are rules for
> them) on the approaches to the immobile target. Asteroids have no
> points cost ;)

So, in your games, the defender can place *any* number of asteroids
*anywhere* for *no* points cost? Or maybe the attacker must
write down his plans for the game and if they include speeds over X" you
get the rocks?

Besides this being patently silly, it comes to the question I've always
asked: Where do you draw the line? What is excessive enough to give the
other guy access to some special rule?

> Do it yourself ;) .. I reiterate, FT rules are not GOSPEL. House
> rules are specifically encouraged.

I take it you're in the b-crowd then. Feel free to ignore this
discussion.

> However, the easiest house rule is to give installations and orbital
> stations far better sensors than a startship can economically or
> accurately mount. This means you can position your own fleet
> effectively to let the attackers blindly rush into a hail of
> perfectly placed SML's.

Actually, it doesn't take any special sensor power, as Örjan pointed
out.
It's just one of those things you have to endure.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: [GZG] Re: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: Space map Question