Prev: Fighter intercept of salvo missiles Next: Re: Space tactics

Re: Mapping FT (#2)

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:50:50 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Mapping FT (#2)

What is EPS?

An encapsulated PostScript file is a PostScript file which describes a
single page. Typically, the purpose of the EPS file is to be included
(encapsulated) in another PostScript file (e.g., the EPS file is a
figure
to be included in the PostScript rendering of a page of a document). The
EPS file can contain any combination of text, graphics, and images.

The only program I know of that will read/write EPS (Encapsulated
PostScript) files is Adobe Photoshop.

I hope this helps

Steven

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net

_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Tony Wilkinson wrote:

> Schoon,
>	pardon my ignorance but what is EPS? GIF and JPG I can read and
I thought
> I could read PIC (dont know why it stuffed up). Send it and I'll see
what
> happens. Thanks.
>
>	Tony.
>	twilko@ozemail.com.au
>
> At 21:10 17/08/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >Hi Everyone,
> >
> >There seems to be enough interest in my translation of the actual
near
> >stellar area into 1 LY hexes (along with some rough estimations of
what's
> >where), that I'd be more than happy to have it posted somewhere
"public."

> >Though I can only seem to translate into an EPS file, Beth seems to
have
> >had success getting GIF and JPG formats from my EPS data.
> >
> >If EPS is OK for you, send me an email and I'll send it to you.
> >
> >Otherwise, send me an email telling which format you like best, and
I'll