Prev: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs Next: RE: Printed works, period kinda long

Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs

From: laserlight <laserlight@m...>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:46:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs

> 1) The SLM is called a missile, is mass two (the same size as a normal
> FT/MT missile.).   (Thats one for the fighter intercept school.)
> 2) The 'missile' is a dispenser for 6, 1D6 submunitions.   If
> intercepted by a fighter Sq. will the missile attack the ship with the
> normal 1D6 attack or the fighters?   (The rules indicate the attace
will
> be against 'the nearest ship'.   (The problem here is: How do you
define
> a 'ship'.)

Fighters are not ships.

> 3) Can the fighters intercept the SLM missile prior to the
submunitions
> being launched?

Yes.  It is not, as I understand it, a missile with multiple
warheads--it
is a clutch of small missiles.	One might say, a salvo of missiles.

> 4) Does the submunition, if used against a fighter Sq. attack the Sq.
> doing 1D6 per submunition, OR does the individual fighter hit with
> a submunition get 1D6 damage?

Neither.  Missiles can't attack fighters, unless you care to make up a
MT
variety PDS missile.

Prev: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs Next: RE: Printed works, period kinda long