Prev: Re: Space tactics Next: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs

RE: Printed works, period kinda long

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:16:38 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Printed works, period kinda long

You wrote:

>He also wrote Platoon Leader, based on his time in Vietnam.  BTW he
was >my Task Force Commander during an NTC Rotation in '86.  Some how
the >book seems very familiar...

Like they say, Write what you know.  He also did Limits of Glory, about
Waterloo.  I had it kinda pegged as the late 80s--still had Vulcans,
but the M-1s weren't vanilla.  Although I'm ordering M-163s for my
M-1A2 batallion based on aesthetic considerations--Avengers look goofy,
and GHQ doesn't yet have the air defense Bradleys out.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Space tactics Next: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs