Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers Next: RE: Infantry Walkers

Re: Infantry Walkers

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:40:56 +1200
Subject: Re: Infantry Walkers

Christopher K Smith <smithck@auburn.campus.mci.net> wrote:
> Hey, I've been lurking on the list for some time and finally have
>a question.  I am writing a vehicle design program, mostly as an
exercise,
>and have some questions about Infantry Walkers.
That's really nice! Be sure to let us know the URL, thanks!

> 1. Do they have to use FGPs?
Yes. All BattleTech and most manga 'Mechs have Fusion power plants.
However,
player's forces could differ. And I do know that the US has been
experimenting with diesel engined walking vehicles. So it would be best
default to FGP, but allow changing to other types.

> 2. What does their Mobility Type cost?
> (ie. Combat Walker is 100% * BVP)
Depends on the purpose of the infantry walker. Combat or transport.
Infantry
walker mobility type is just like regular (size 5) walkers.
    By the way, all sizes of walker should be available from size 1,
size 2,
... size 5 and right up to size 7 or 8. The size 7 or 8 'Mechs give
about
the right feel when you compare mech minis to 1/300 tanks minis.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
FUDGE Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers Next: RE: Infantry Walkers