Prev: Re: West Coast Full Thrust/DirtSide/B5 Con (USA) Next: Re: Salvo Missiles (was UN Ship Nomenklatura)

Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

From: Tim Schmidt <tims@t...>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 16:35:14 -0700
Subject: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

I was recently on the receiving end of a demonstration on how to use
SML's.	En
Masse.
My opponent had cruiser sized vessels with multiple missle launchers
(but only
2 loads per launcher).	He could, and did, through out enough SML's in a
single
turn to overwhelm any defence on any ship.  My big tough BB's died in a
single
turn.  When he ran out of missiles, his escorts closed in and cleaned up
what
was left.
He did this twice in a row.  Once against me and once against an NAC
squadron
run by another player.	I think that the answer to this is massed
fighters but
if he gets within range of any ship, that ship is doomed.

Tim