Prev: Re: 25mm Scale ? Next: Re: Map the FT Universe

Re: 25mm Scale ?

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 15:19:08 GMT
Subject: Re: 25mm Scale ?

On Sun, 16 Aug 1998 00:57:23 -0500, douglase@osabs01.inet.att.co.kr
wrote:

>What do other people use asfar as vehicles and terrain scale for their
SGII
>games?

As Doug mentioned, 25mm is about 1/64 scale. Some die cast companies
make cars
in about that scale, but you are going to have trouble if you want tanks
in
that scale. If it's historicals that you want to play, I'd suggest
dropping to
20mm/HO (which aren't quite 1/72, but close enough). You can always mail
order
resin tanks and such if you want to play 25mm SF. The other option is to
do
what I did with my 15mm scale figures. I took Rocco HO scale tanks,
removed
the treads and turned them into hover tanks. You could get the same
effect by
kitbashing 1/48 scale. Then the size won't be much of a problem.

For terrain, I use HO scale trees. They come in various sizes and look
reasonably good next to 25mm figures. Yes, this will mean that your
figure
scale, ground scale, and tree scale will all be different, but it will
look
fine on the wargame table.

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: 25mm Scale ? Next: Re: Map the FT Universe