Prev: Re: GZG DSII WAM - What are they? Next: Re: DS2 Vehicle design question.

Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

From: "Richard Slattery" <richard@m...>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 22:34:59 +0000
Subject: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

On 13 Aug 98 at 22:37, Los wrote:

> Richard Slattery wrote:
>
> > This last point seems to be quite relevant to FT. I have found that
> > using the vector movement system, that unless one fleet is
> > hopelessly outclassed in thrust rating it's relatively easy to break
> > off an engagement and escape if combat is going against you.
>
> In just about every battle I've fought I've sent ships packing once
> they were damaaged to teh point where they couldn't contribute to
> the fight either offensively or with PDS. I rarley do the battle of
> annihlation thing, (Space, boardgame, or miniature), and to be
> honest with you it's really for the completely hokey reason that
> having been on the sharp end myself a  number of occasions, I've not
> got the stomach to order the useless annihilation of my forces even
> for cardboard victories. Especially since I'd rather have them
> around to fight another day.
>
> Los

That wasn't my point. I was saying that once you *start* to get into
a potentially losing situation you can usually disengage (In the
vector system anyway). Or, on the flipside, once you start to win,
the other side scarpers.

So how to devise a way of forcing a decisive battle under these
conditions?
Richard Slattery	     richard@mgkc.demon.co.uk
Canada has never been a melting pot; more like a tossed salad.
     Arnold Edinborough

Prev: Re: GZG DSII WAM - What are they? Next: Re: DS2 Vehicle design question.