Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

Re: Printed works of future combat

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 22:29:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Printed works of future combat

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> The main problem with these three is that they describe *Starfire*
combat
> rather than *Full Thrust* combat - complete with the strange
background
> physics used in the Starfire game universe to explain how the ships
could
> possibly behave like the Starfire game mechanics suggest. As
background
> material for Full Thrust I'd consider them suspect, to say the
least...
> OTOH, their lack of varied plots and interesting characters fits
Jeremy's
> wishes perfectly :-)

Hey wait a minute, as space combat fiction these are top notch. Last
time I checked, Full Thrust touted itself as a system adaptable to ANY
background. True noone, including me, has gotten off their ass and
developed a conversion of the starfire background to Full Thrust, (it's
on my list of things to do) but that doesn't mean you can't use starfire
type weapons or combat in FT. In fact I do it myself informally. And the
FB addition of Salvo missles is right up the alley of the classic
missile engagement that Weber always writes
about.

Los

Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations