Prev: Re: Vehicular Flamethrowers for SG2 Next: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article)

Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:42:52 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

You wrote:

>>  I use pulse torps, and so if I think I MIGHT be within
>> 30 inches during a turn I have to face directly at the enemy fleet.
>
>Start using multiple-arc Pulse Torps, then. FTFB, p.7.

Too expensive tonnage-wise.  I'd rather fit another battery on there
and live with the firing arc limits.  I can usually end up pointing in
the right direction to hit something--even if it is a Corvette, which
I've wiped out with pulse torps before for lack of better target!  The
slight lack of flexibility hasn't bit me in the butt yet, and as you
may know, I've got a fleet list already put together.  As long as I
don't suffer regular crushing defeats, I try to stick to it.  If I
start getting beaten regularly due to a weakness in the designs, the
Imperial Navy will rethink it's design strategy.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Vehicular Flamethrowers for SG2 Next: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article)