Prev: RE: Printed works of future combat Next: Re: Background List Proposal (Re: Other Forces)

Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 02:27:45 +1000
Subject: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article)

John Atkinson wrote:

> I'd modify it so that you couldn't strike colors until the end of the
> turn.  Most escorts that I shoot at don't end the turn
damaged--massive
> volleys come in one after another until they go *POOF* (Cruisers go
> *BANG*, Captials go *BOOM*).

The convention used locally is that if you've taken damage, and are down
to your last hull box, you MUST strike or flee. If down to your last row
you MAY strike.
Striking means you're no longer a valid target for aimed weapons, and
must come to a halt ASAP. Interlocks are engaged, and the ship is not
fightable again in that battle. OTOH the crew survives. And if you're
winning, it's a great way to avoid un-neccessary casualties.

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: RE: Printed works of future combat Next: Re: Background List Proposal (Re: Other Forces)