Prev: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations Next: Re: TO&E for the major forces

Re: FT: Pushing past Thrust limits

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 07:52:56 -0700
Subject: Re: FT: Pushing past Thrust limits

 laserlight <laserlight@mci2000.com> wrote:

[snip]

>Not so.  Any time you want to increase speed and aren't worried about
>facing.  Eg, start facing 12, thrust 8, rotate to facing 3, push 3.
Your
>actual vector change is 11.  Next turn, push first, then rotate, then
>thrust.  Your combined delta vee is 22, not the 16 I feel sure the
rules
>intended.

Though I see the point here, I'm not sure that it's a problem. With the
exception of a race, I've never had a difficulty getting my velocity
where
I want it to be, even with thrust 2 capitals. If people want to scrape
every bit of thrust out of their ship, and can use creative methods to
do
so, great.

Turning, on the other hand, seems to be much more of an issue in my
eyes.
If you've worked your velocity up to 22, especially with the vector
movement system, then good luck to you on turning that fat dog around,
and
hope that your opponent doesn't have an SML or other weapon which takes
advantage of your now predictable movement.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations Next: Re: TO&E for the major forces