Prev: Re: Other Forces/World in 2185 Next: Re: TO&E for the major forces

Re: Engine Threshold Rolls

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:39:35 GMT
Subject: Re: Engine Threshold Rolls

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 20:09:08 -0700, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker
<schoon@aimnet.com>
wrote:

>It's actually rather simple: make one check for every two points of
thrust,
>which is halved if it fails. If there is a single "off" point (for a
thrust
>5 custom ship) then it is eliminated on the first failed threshold
check.

Interesting idea, Sean. This could be easily implemented. Have you tried
these
in a game, yet?

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Other Forces/World in 2185 Next: Re: TO&E for the major forces