Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

Re: Other Forces

From: Chad Lubrecht <lubrecht@U...>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:35:14 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Other Forces

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Niall Gilsenan wrote:

> At 13:34 12/08/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >Niall spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> >> At this rate we should really start a separate list for the
> >> discussion of historical and political perspectives on the FT
> >> universe.	Its a pity a list that used to be quite friendly  and
> >> sensible has taken a turn for the worse.  Maybe we should just put
> >> total ban on certain topics for a while and let things get back to
> >> normal.
> >
> >Probably. And I hate to say it, but this topic interests me as much
> >as the others. But in any case, nastiness not required. :)
> >
> >Tom.
>
> I love history myself.  I do prefer to read it from well researched
books
> though or good documentaries.  I dislike hearing it slanted one way or
> another to suit someones political or religious views though.  Unless
its
> some of the roman historians.  Highly amusing stuff at times.

I don't know, I really think the slanted histories are interesting.
Especially when you know more unbiased accounts to compare it to.
Really makes you wonder exactly how much we really know about what
happened in the past, and how much is just creative fiction to justify
people's ulterior motives.

> --------------------
> Niall Gilsenan,
> DIT Cathal Brugha St,
> Dublin 1,
> Ireland.
>
> ngilsena@indigo.ie
> The miscellany (Sci-Fi combat games)
> http://members.tripod.com/~Cwintel/Scifi.html

-----
Chad A. Lubrecht
lubrecht@udel.edu
http://udel.edu/~lubrecht

Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)