Prev: Assault on Ventron (was Re: GenCon Review ...) Next: Re: The World of 2185

Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

From: dean.gundberg@b...
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 98 11:04:56 -0600
Subject: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

> While I have no love for these "creative measurement" guys, I find the

> concept of "falling off the edge of space" patently ridiculous.

 True, but there were external reasons why we put this rule in place for
the
 tournament. First, we were under time constraints (4 rounds to complete
in 8
 hours) so we did not want long running battles. Second, some players
tried to
 have their damaged ships break off from the battle and run to keep them
from
 being destroyed (and thus having their points count against them).
Thus we
 ruled that a disengaging ship was the same as a kill and did not expect
 player to fly off the edge in the finals.

 This is one area (and there are others) that we could have been more
clear on
 in the Tournament rules.  Next year may have a floating table, at the
least
 it will be discussed.	With the experience we gained from this year's
 tourney, next year we will improve on these areas now that we have a
better
 idea what to expect.

 Dean Gundberg
 dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com

 P.S.  I will send out the Tourney Fleets to the list later today since
their
 have been a couple of requests to do so.

Prev: Assault on Ventron (was Re: GenCon Review ...) Next: Re: The World of 2185