Prev: Re: FT Planet Generators Next: UNSC Ragnarok Article

In the begining B5Movie /Game

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:49:20 +0100
Subject: In the begining B5Movie /Game

I just watched the film again and it brought up a little idea thats been
at
the back of my mind since I got the EFSB.  The battle of the line is
such a
large engagment that it might be quite fascinating as a multi-player
game
with each player being either Earth Force or the Minbari in various
sectors
arrayed around Earth.  The basic premise of it would be players in each
sector fighting a certain number of turns of fleet combat at which point
ships may be transferred to another sector or reinforcements might
arrive
in the sector possibly changing the whole dynamic of a sector.

Now given the overwhelming nature of Minbari forces the victory
conditions
would have to be based on scenario goals rather than ships lost.  The
human
players goal would be to delay long enough to allow civilians to escape
or
for the Minbari to surrender.

The games could be played out by various groups who then send results to
the GM who collates them.  There could be groups involved from anywhere
on
the planet as long as they have email and can play the games out before
deadline.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.  Particularly info on the
number
of ships involved in the battle on both sides would be appreciated.
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.

ngilsena@indigo.ie
The miscellany (Sci-Fi combat games)
http://members.tripod.com/~Cwintel/Scifi.html

Prev: Re: FT Planet Generators Next: UNSC Ragnarok Article