Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: The World of 2185

RE: Terror

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:20:48 +0100
Subject: RE: Terror

	Firstly my apologies to any Kiwis.

	What about a Maori liberation group within the OU? Their goal
might be to
kick the whites out of Tarra-anui (I cant spell it but its Maori for New
Zealand, means "Land of the long white cloud" IIRC). Would strike not
only
the OU but also the NAC as revenge for settlement in the first place.
Tough, well organised, cruel and very very nasty.

	East Timorese groups fighting for independence from the
Indonesians. Used
to be well organised and big back in the 70's they well undergo a series
of
expansions by 2183. They may also be inclined to take a shot at the OU
and
the major powers for having ignored their situation for so long. May get
support from the FSE (former Portugese colony).

	As with the East Timorese, the Irian Jians (Western Papua New
Guinea for
those that don't know) would also fight the Indonesians, the OU and
major
powers. Would have links with the Maori movement. They get no outside
support so are very low tech.

	FSE would also have problems with Basque seperatists on some of
its
colonies. You might even get a Facist revival on some Italian dominated
colonies (didnt Mussolinis grand daughter get elected to the Italian
parliment a couple of years ago?)

	And finally within the OU itself you would find its own guns and
redneck
movement willing to shoot and blow up anything sensible, rational and
half
way sane. Commonly refered to as Queenslanders they call their
organisation
(such as it is) One Nation :)

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au