Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Other Forces

Re: Other Forces

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:29:29 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Other Forces

You wrote:

>Are they REALLY going to blind all those guys?

99.5%.	And that ain't all. . . You, out of the gene pool!  With laser
torches.

This is part of reason IMHO terrorism doesn't pay.  My version of the
universe is a very nasty place.  The Nea Rhomaioi and the Islamic Fed
(which includes the Kaliphate--the Shi'a took over in my background
rather than breaking off) are best known for calculated nastiness, but
all of 'em indulge in it.  Terrorists are basically cowards.  Fact o'
life.  When major powers don't care if their proof meets Anglo-American
courtroom legal standards and tend towards trigger-happiness when there
is any doubt, life is very, very exciting.  When the response to
Islamic Federation-sponsored terror varys from the Deep Space Fleet
bombarding a colony to radioactive ash to SOF teams being inserted to
eliminate terrorist training camps, terror no longer pays.  And none of
the cultures I deal with have subscribed to that pathetic fallacy that
the terrorist's victims are somehow to blame for their situation,
rather unlike certain elements of today's population.

I think I'm giving (in my universe) Bulgaria to the Romanovs.  This way
I can still give a Tsar a stroke.  :)

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Other Forces