Prev: Re: Tugs and Tenders, example of shipdesign based on new and modified rules Next: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

Re: Maps of teh FT universe

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:08:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Maps of teh FT universe

Tom Pope wrote:

> Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
> >
> > There's an astronomy program called Gliese which has all the
> > information you need, but it's quite difficult to get a good output
> > (or at least I'm going to have to ask for help from someone who
knows
> > it alot better than myself). Unfortunately, I don't have the url
> > saved. :-(
>
> Here's a good start:
>
> http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/starmap.html
>
> I believe it has Gliese on there, as well as links to a whole lot more
> neat stuff, including my favorite starmap program, chview:

	Yes, it's got Gliese in there.	I should know, it's my web site.
	If Mr. Schoonmaker is having problems, I'd be happy to help him.
	So far CHVIEW is about the best starmap program out there.
	But I'm working on one of my own.  It can rotate the map
	in real time.  And show it in 3-d if you have red-blue
	anaglyph glasses.

Prev: Re: Tugs and Tenders, example of shipdesign based on new and modified rules Next: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature