Prev: Complexity in Gaming (semi-OT) Next: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 1 of 4)

Re: Vehicular Flamethrowers for SG2

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:59:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Vehicular Flamethrowers for SG2

Los spake thusly upon matters weighty:

I wouldn't think so. I'm not ruling out Napalm rockets either, but
it's a different beast. The Vehicular Flamethrower would be driven by
a high efficiency, high pressure pump like the kind used to throw
chem foam up to about 50m (I'd guess) high and a long distance away
in fighting fires. The only difference is it would be hurling a
burning sticky fuel. Maybe 12" is too long, and 6" or 9" is more
realistic. This isn't necessarily wasteful. And, for the purpose,
which is infantry support and supporting urban actions, it is a great
toy.

But as I said, my range figures may seem a little unreal. But I have
seen the firefighters shoot chem goo an awful long distance.