Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Other Forces

Re: Other Forces

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:43:21 -0700
Subject: Re: Other Forces

John Atkinson wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> >	  NAC: North & South America (see FCT), British Isles (status of
>
> Eire >unknown), Japan (nominal)
>
> >	  FSE: France, Spain, Italy
>
> I assume:  Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Belgium, Luxembourg

I would not assume Portugal. Portugal has traditionally been allied to
England (well at least for the past 400 years) and had little do
politically with Spain or France (Until the EC thing). The Portuguese
consider tehmselves seperate from Spain, (And get pissed off when they
are mixed up with them) and are have differnt racial/cultural
backgrounds to some extent.(Lusitatnian tribes mixed heavily with Celtic
before the Moors came in) They should  go into the NAC since wherever
Britain has ever gone, Portugal has followed. (Heck the Japanese are
there)

> >	  NSL: Germany, Austria
>
> Assume:Lichtenstein.

You should throw in Hungary, Slovakia and maybe even the Check republic.
Make the NSL a true central European power. Seeing that there's been
little guidance here I've already chucked at least Slovakia in with the
NSL in my stories/games.

Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Other Forces