Prev: Re: Other Forces Next: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature

Re: Maps of teh FT universe

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:08:01 -0700
Subject: Re: Maps of teh FT universe

>I'm looking to make my own map, and I'm trying to latch hold of
>accurate X,Y,Z coords (relative to earth) for the near (say 50ly)
>stars in Earth orbit, corrected to 2285 or 2300 for the sake of rough

There's an astronomy program called Gliese which has all the information
you need, but it's quite difficult to get a good output (or at least I'm
going to have to ask for help from someone who knows it alot better than
myself). Unfortunately, I don't have the url saved. :-(

It's on most of the major search engines, however.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Other Forces Next: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature