Prev: Fading Thrust, anyone? Next: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature

Re: Sa'Vasku Maneveuring

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 08:34:04 +0100
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Maneveuring

>I reread the Sa'Vasku info yesterday and have a question.  How do you
>determine how much thrust they can use for maneuvering, since they have
>no fixed thrust value?  Do they have to buy twice as much thrust in a
>turn as they intend to maneuver, or are they allowed to use any amount
>to maneuver (like the Kra'Vak)?

The power you put into "thrust" in a given turn gives your ship a thrust
rating for that turn - it then operates exactly as per standard rules
(eg:
if you allocate enough power for thrust-6, you can accel/decel by up to
6
or turn up to 3 (or combination thereof) just like a normal thrust-6
ship).

>Also, what in the world is FT III?  I don't THINK I missed a new
edition
>somewhere...

Don't worry, FTIII isn't out yet. The current book is FTII (ie: Second
Edition), which is the one you will have. We are starting early drafts
and
testing for FTIII, some of which has been included in the Fleet Book
(vol.1), with a view to publishing FTIII probably sometime in '99.

Jon (GZG)