Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Smoke Generators

Re: New DSII weapon system

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 07:40:34 PDT
Subject: Re: New DSII weapon system

>At 08:49 06/08/98 PDT, you wrote:

>	For the FT campaign I wrote I came up with a Stargrunt weapon
similar
>this based on a book called "Unknown Soldier" by Sean Williams and some
>other bloke who I can't remember.
>	E.M.P. Rilfe
>	Firepower d4. Impact automatic
>	Troops in full light armour (d8), any powered armour that are
hit or
are
>potential hits are automatically down and count as wounded. Vehicles
that
>are hit count as systems down. There is no penetration roll. No effect
>against other troops.

     I had also figured on designing a man-portable version of the HERF
gun, identical to the Light version with an abbreviated range.
Realistically, EMP weapons SHOULD have an effect on the average
soldier--Helmet HUD's, backpack AI's, and what-have-you--would certainly

be effected by the loss of their systems.  Gamewise, though, I just
don't feel like dealing with it.  Give the popcorn a break, they need
it!

     The PA troops, on the other hand, would be immobilized after a zap
from a HERF gun.  I'd still let 'em shoot, though, 'cause I'm a nice
guy.

Tom Sullivan
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

Prev: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: Smoke Generators