Prev: RE: EFSB to FT:FB Next: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

UN Ship Nomenclature

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 21:45:07 -0500
Subject: UN Ship Nomenclature

Here's some thoughts about ship names for the UNSC:
(With apologies to Ms. Cherryh)

SDN: Continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia, Antarctica, North &
South
America)
CVA: Oceans (Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic, Indian)
CVL: Seas (Weddell, Caspian, Black, etc)
BDN: Major Rivers (Amazon, Mississippi, Danube, Volga, Congo)
BB: Mountain Ranges (Ural, Rocky, Grampian, Great Dividing)
BC: Mountains (Everest, Ranier, Matterhorn)
CA: Lakes
CE: Bays
CL:
DD:
FF:
CR:
SS: Islands

Well, I still need a name-type for the Light Cruiser, Destroyer, Frigate
&
Corvette.  I'm trying to stick with natural features, to avoid getting
the
UN into political mudfights (Hey, you named a carrier after them and
only
an Escort Cruiser after us?).  ANy ideas?

BTW, who's the reigning NAC monarch in 2185?

Noah

Prev: RE: EFSB to FT:FB Next: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature