Prev: Re: Maps of teh FT universe Next: RE: FTFB: NEEDLE BEAMS

RE: EFSB to FT:FB

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 20:41:49 -0500
Subject: RE: EFSB to FT:FB

They will mesh well, rules-wise.  Play-wise might be a different story.
 You could easily differentiate between FTFB & EFSB ships by saying they

are different tech bases.  EFSB Pulse cannons have smaller range
bands(10
MU v. 12 MU), and can be intercepted by interceptor systems & fighters.
 I'd give interceptor systems a chance to stop SMs.  The EFSB ships have
no
screens, but the HBWs they have more than make up for their defensive
shortcomings.  Also, EFSB ships don't necessarily follow FTFB damage
track
creation.  it would be an interesting fight.  For fighters, you will
have
to give certian races bonuses (Humans, Minbari, as I remember).  I would

advise keeping the energy mines, but all players should have knowledge
of
the capabilities of their enemies.  Unless you want to run a 'Surprise!'

battle - these can be fun, depending on the maturity of your players.
Give
the 'surprisee' some realistic victory conditions - ex: survive, get x
turns close-range data, whatever.

Noah