Prev: Re: EFSB to FT:FB Next: FTFB: NEEDLE BEAMS

RE: A question of Suppression

From: mechavar@a... (Miguel Echavarria)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 98 14:39:07 PDT
Subject: RE: A question of Suppression

[snip]
> A crew member inside a tank will not be 100% sure of where or how
close the
> fire is comming while buttened up in their vehicle. This brings on the
> dreaded notion of the "Unknown Factor" which is when you just do not
know
> what could happen to you next. Just something for thought.
>						  Gary

	Is there much chance that the small arms fire can damage the
sensors
that a buttoned up crew depend on? On another note, I gather that
although the
fire control functions on todays armor do fine with the crew buttoned
up, they
still lose a great deal of "peripheral vision."

Miguel Echavarria			mech@arm.com

Prev: Re: EFSB to FT:FB Next: FTFB: NEEDLE BEAMS